ISO 9001 QMS
ISO 9001 is defined as an international standard that lays out quality management system (QMS) specifications. Organizations use the standard to illustrate the ability to reliably meet consumer- and regulatory expectations for goods and services. It is the most common ISO 9000 series standard, and the only standard in the series that organisations can certify to.
ISO 9001 was first published by the International Organization for Standardization ( ISO), an international agency made up of national standards bodies from more than 160 countries, in 1987. The new ISO 9001 version came out in September 2015.
ISO 9001:2015 extends to any organization, irrespective of scale or industry. Over one million organisations from over 160 countries have implemented the ISO 9001 specifications to their quality management systems. Organizations of all forms and sizes will find that using the standard ISO 9001 supports them:
- Organize processes
- Improve the efficiency of processes
- Continually improve
What topics does ISO 9001:2015 cover?
ISO 9001 is based on the methodology of plan-do-check-act which offers a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the framework, roles and processes necessary to accomplish an organization’s effective quality management. Relevant portions of the standard provide information on a variety of items, such as:
- Requirements for a QMS, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the design to delivery steps
- Measuring, analyzing and improving the QMS through activities such as internal audits and corrective and preventive measures
Changes introduced in the 2015 revision of ISO 9001 are meant to ensure that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which organizations operate. The main ISO 9001:2015 updates include:
- The introduction of new terminology
- Restructuring some of the information
- Emphasizing risk-based thinking to enhance process approach implementation
- Improved applicability for services
- Increased leadership requirements
Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
Implementing a quality management program will allow you to increase customer satisfaction, gain continuity and enhance the internal procedures. Certification pursuant to ISO 9001 shows the organization ‘s willingness to fulfill all future consumer demands and specifications. Main advantages include:
1. Competitive Advantage:
Top management should be led by ISO 9001 which ensures that senior management takes a strategic approach to its management systems. Our assessment and qualification process means that business priorities are continuously incorporated into your systems and working procedures to insure that your assets are maximised.
2. Improves business performance and manages business risk:
ISO 9001 helps your managers to raise the performance of the organization beyond and above competitors who do not use management systems. Certification also makes performance measurements easier and business risk management better.
3. Boost staff performance and overall productivity:
Engaged employees are motivated to implement processes that are implemented to ensure that problems are identified and resolved quickly and in a timely manner.
QMS, is a formalized framework that includes protocols, records, obligations, and quality control and target systems. It can be summed up as a set of performance and fulfillment criteria.
It also establishes ongoing training and development programs for employees to equip them with skills to cope with clients’ changing needs. This will also ensure that your business continues to function efficiently even when key people leave.
4. Improving your image and your reputation:
Since ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised standard, it has become the basis for developing a quality control system worldwide, replacing many of the specifications previously written. When a company is searching for a manufacturer, it’s always a prerequisite to get an ISO 9001-based QMS for consideration.
5. Improvement of customer satisfaction:
One of the quality management principles which underpin the requirements of ISO 9001 is to maximize customer service by preparing and striving to fulfill customer requirements. By enhancing customer satisfaction you will retain more repeat customers as happy and satisfied customers are the key to maintaining customer loyalty. And those consumers pull in extra sales.
6. Build a culture of continuous improvement:
Continuous development is a key ISO 9001 concept of quality control. Through embracing this philosophy to improve the operations and operational performance, you will see efficiencies and cost savings through the use of structured procedures as problems arise to reduce the effect of the problem and maximize turnaround time.By making that continuous, year after year improving, the company can see continuing benefits from this.
Criticisms of ISO 9001
There are a variety of common concerns and objections that emerge when reviewing the program, and these elements may be sufficient to make you skeptical about investing in ISO 9001.
Some of the most frequent complaints will include:
- Compliance is a time consuming process.
- Most technical work has to be done to incorporate ISO 9001.
- Many businesses sign up for ISO 9001 because it is a necessity or standard in the industry without not knowing it.
- Phase Length — Business executives and owners familiar with the method of registration ISO 9000 advise that it is a procedure that takes several months to complete.
ISO Certification in Qatar
Qatar has made major advances in many industries, including tourism, banking, petrochemicals, fertilizers, hydrocarbons, cement , steel, and food industry . It is therefore very natural that there is still a strong market in this part of the world for ISO certification solutions that help businesses become more reliable, grow and improve their reputation.
Aegis is a Qatar-based specialist ISO certification firm that guarantees International Standard Certifications. For the different standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, HACCP, we ensure audit and ISO certification services.
We are operating towards a value adding slogan in the organization’s current management system. We find areas where the company will be able to boost its marketability successfully throughout its service.
How to obtain ISO 9001 standard-Application of ISO 9001 / Standard
Aegis provides ISO 9001:2015 certification with a clearly developed and internationally recognized deployment methodology.
- Gap Analysis
- Awareness Training
- Process Identification and definition
- Documentation Design and finalization
- Internal Auditor Training and conduct of the internal audit
- Management Review Meeting
- Review of Implementation
- Stage 1 – certification audit
- Stage 2 – certification audit
- Award of ISO 9001 certification
- Continuous improvement of the system through value-added consultancy services and training
What we deliver in the ISO 9001 standard and certification area
To ensure your ISO 9001 quality management system certification project adds value to your organization, we provide unrivaled expertise and technical competence. We provide consulting, training, internal auditing, pre-assessment audits and facilitation during the ISO 9001 certification process.
Contact us now to have your company ISO 9001:2015 accredited in the most reliable and successful way while understanding the true benefits of certification using our advanced ISO implementation approach that is less time-consuming, fast, simple to understand and execute, result-oriented, time-bound and cost-efficient.