Business owners considering undertaking ISO 14001 certification may be hesitant and somewhat intimidated to begin the process. But it doesn’t have to be that way. That’s because the payoffs to achieving ISO 14001 could be a boon to your business.
In addition to signaling to your customers and stakeholders that you take responsibility for your business’s environmental footprint, the ISO 14001 certification process can make it easier to streamline aspects of your business operations and ensure your employees are working in a healthy environment, saving you lots of costs in avoiding sick days and lost production.
We’ll talk more about it in this issue.
What is ISO 14001?
Developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the 14001 standards are a set of requirements specifically designed to help your organization utilize your resources so that you can boost your environmental responsibilities while gaining a competitive advantage over your competitors.
It’s not the ISO itself that establishes the standards. Instead, the Organization brings together experts to cultivate their knowledge and establish consensus-based and market relevant international standards that will stimulate innovation in the way business is done.
What are the ISO 14001 standards?
ISO 14001 is a stamp of approval that firmly states your business or organization has:
- development and implemented an environmental policy that takes into account how your business interacts with the environment;
- established a method for setting objectives, targets and goals for how to improve your business’s environmental impact; and
- established an Environmental Management System (EMS), which is devoted entirely to the successful implementation and continual improvement of your environmental plan.
How can my business benefit from ISO 14001 certification?
It only takes a few weeks to achieve ISO 14001 certification, but the benefits are long lasting.
- protecting the environment by adhering to a set of internationally recognized requirements to prevent pollution to the air, land and water;
- more efficient use of your existing resources as the cost of waste is driven down;
- your company’s market value and brand recognition being improved by assurances that your environmental impact is being minimized and monitored, and that you’ve reached the highest level of professionalism; and
- you gain an advantage over your competitors by the tendency for more patrons to do business with environmentally friendly organizations.
If you’re ready to give your business or organization a boost through ISO certification, get in touch with Aegis Services.
We are one the leading ‘total solutions’ provider for all your ISO certification needs in Qatar.